Make A Tow Mater Paper Craft
Mater is the only tow truck in Radiator Springs with a heart bigger than the whole town. He may be a little rusty around the edges but he is still the quickest tow rope in Carburetor County. He always sees the bright side of things which often put him in unusual situations. Like being mistaken for an American secret agent and running through the streets of Japan, Italy and England with a team of British spies and International bad guys.
Disney has provided another paper craft for your children. Mom you are going to have to help out with the project if the kids are very young. This Tow Mater Truck does make a nice addition to the Lightning McQueen Car.
Download the template here: Tow Mater Paper Craft
1. Print the template on regular paper or card stock and cut out the pieces. Make all folds along dotted lines.
2. Starting with Mater’s hood, use glue or double-sided tape to attach all tabs to their corresponding pieces in alphabetical order.
3. Repeat step 2 with Mater’s roof and bed.
4. Attach Mater’s bed to his roof by securing the #1 panels, then attach his hood to his roof by securing all #2 tabs.
5. Build Mater’s hitch posts, and attach them to the raised part of Mater’s bed, just behind his rear window.
6. Build Mater’s hitch bar, and mount it on top of his hitch posts. The light on the bar should be on Mater’s left side facing the back.
7. Build Mater’s recovery boom, and mount it on Mater’s bed where the flat part meets the raised part. Be sure that the shaded panel is the one you use to secure the recovery boom to Mater’s bed.
8. Fold each of Mater’s side mirrors in half along the dotted line, then, without gluing the tabs, secure with glue or double-sided tape so the design is two-sided. Butterfly the tabs outward and use them to attach the side mirrors to the front of Mater’s side windows. The orange side of each mirror should face forward.
9. Build the emergency light, and attach it to the center of the hitch bar. Be sure to place it on top of the hitch bar with the wider side down.
10. Fold the tail lights and roof reflector in half, then secure each part with glue or double-sided tape. Use the tabs to attach these parts to Mater’s body. The roof reflector should go on the right side of Mater’s hitch bar. The tail lights should be placed on the back of Mater’s bed – one on the left and one on the right.
11. Build Mater’s radiator and place it on his hood where indicated.
12. Fold the hook in half and secure with glue or double-sided tape. Punch a hole in the hook where indicated. Use brown string to hang the hook from the tip of Mater’s recovery boom.
13. Finally, hang two more brown strings, one from each end of Mater’s hitch bar to the tip of his recovery boom.
Disney Family.com’s printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer’s color ink.
Go here for your plates, napkins, stickers or any other item you need to complete your Disney Cars 2 party. They’re all on this page, Disney Cars 2 Party Supplies so, take a look.