How To Make Tow Mater Cupcakes
In honor of our favorite tow truck we’re going to show you how to make Tow Mater cupcakes for your Disney Cars 2 birthday party. Not only are they fun and easy to make – they taste good too.
Tow Mater has never been out of Radiator Springs, now he finds himself in a chase through the streets of Tokyo and Europe. Mater soon learns that things aren’t the same in other places as they are in Radiator Springs. Before he can get used to it, he’s mistaken for an American secret agent.
Looks like Mater needs a good plan to get out of the trouble he’s in. Your plan is below. No need for you to worry, Bakerella has given you easy to follow step-by-step instructions for making Tow Mater Cupcakes.
Tow Mater Cupcakes By Bakerella
A mixture of good ole boy, daredevil and know-it-all, Lightning McQueen’s sidekick makes a welcome guest at any birthday party. These cute cupcakes will pull twice their own weight at your next Cars-themed birthday bash.
* 1 box cake mix
* 2 16 oz cans of milk chocolate frosting
* 16 oz can of vanilla frosting
* 6 cup large muffin baking pan
* 12 cup regular size cupcake baking pan
* 4.44 oz box of Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper Cookies (100 Calorie Right Bites)
* Ziploc bag
* 12 White M&M’s candies (headlights)
* 12 Green M&M’s candies (eyes)
* 6 Eclipse gum pieces (teeth)
* 6 inch cardboard cake boards
* Black edible ink pen
1. Coat both pans with non-stick spray. Prepare cake batter and fill both pans about 2/3 full. Bake as directed on the package and let cool.
2. Count out 60 cookies and set aside. Place the remaining cookies in a Ziploc bag and finely crush them with a rolling pin or glass.
3. Set aside 12 green and 12 white M&M’s. (Use yellow if you can’t easily find the white ones.)
4. For Mater’s teeth, cut each piece of gum into two pieces so one piece is larger than the other.
5. Cut the tops off of 6 of the cupcakes so you can place them upside down for the truck bed. Before turning upside down, frost the sides and bottom (now top) with milk chocolate frosting and sprinkle with cookie crumbs
6. Place the cupcakes, cut side down toward the back of a 6-inch cake board. Place a dollop of frosting on the board to help the cupcakes stay in place.
7. Frost the sides of the larger muffin-size cupcakes. Sprinkle some of the crushed cookie pieces on the sides and then place on the cake board right in front of the other cupcake. Frost the top and sprinkle with more cookie crumbs. Attach one cookie to the front of each muffin-size cupcake for the mouth.
8. For each tire, attach two cookies together using frosting and then attach two tires to the larger cupcake and two in back to the smaller cupcake.
9. Place one more cookie on the top for the tire on Mater’s hood. Attach the teeth to the cookie mouth with a small amount of frosting.
10. For the top of the trucks, first frost about half of each of the remaining cupcakes with vanilla frosting. You can place these in the freezer for a few minutes for the frosting to harden and then it will be easier to frost over the vanilla edges with chocolate frosting to finish Mater’s face. Frost the sides and top with chocolate and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
11. Attach two green M&M’s in place for eyes and two white M&M’s in place for headlights. Use a black edible ink pen to draw pupils on the eyes and when dry, you can use a toothpick to dot a small amount of vanilla frosting for extra detail. Heat it slightly in the microwave and it will be easier to dot on.
Now, that you have learned how to make Tow Matter cupcakes…
Go here for your plates, napkins, stickers or any other item you need to complete your Disney Cars 2 party. They’re all on this page, Disney Cars 2 Party Supplies