How To Make Mermaid Clothespin Dolls
Do you remember making clothespin dolls when you were younger? If your daughter likes mermaids show her how to make mermaid clothespin dolls. They are easy to make, cute and the girls will enjoy playing with them.
Mermaid Clothespin Dolls
Download the template here: Mermaid Clothespin Dolls
* Fin Template
* Straight clothespins, one for each doll
* Acrylic paint, dark and light green, purple, black, red
* Paintbrushes, fine-tipped for details
* Red embroidery floss
* Low temperature glue gun
* Green craft foam, adhesive backed
1. Lay out newspaper or scrap paper to protect your work surface.
2. Hold clothespin so that the notch is at the side and the flat wooden surface faces up.
3. Paint a dark green fin. The top of the fin, at the mermaid’s waist should be a “V” shape. Let kids get creative if they want to paint fins in different colors. Add a purple seashell top.
4. For the mermaid’s faces, make tiny details using a fine-tipped brush. Black dots for eyes and a tiny red heart for the mouth. Let dry.
5. Once dry, add details to the tail like light green scales, and the light green trim at the waist of Ariel’s tail. Let dry.
6. While drying, print the template and cut two fin pieces from the green craft foam. You will need two fins for each mermaid doll.
7. Remove the paper backing and stick the two fins together, adhesive sides facing each other. Slide the fin into the notched end of the clothespin. This should fit snugly, but if it doesn’t add a drop of glue and then slide into the notch.
8. Kids can use different colored craft foam for each mermaid.
9. Use embroidery floss for hair. Embroidery floss is sold already gathered in bunches. Take a bunch of floss and trim it to 5″ in length. Fold the floss in half, down the center.
10. Put a dollop of hot glue in the center of the doll’s head and then place the center point of the floss onto the glue. You can glue the sides and back to style the hair. Trim the ends to the desired length.
I think you will agree with me that these are very cute mermaid clothespin dolls. This will be a great craft project for your party.
You’ll find plates, napkins, stickers or any other item to complete your mermaids theme party on this page, Mermaids Party Supplies so, take a look.