How To Make Lightning McQueen Cupcakes
During the announcement of the first World Grand Prix, Francesco Bernoulli starts boasting how much faster he is than Lightning McQueen. Not one to back down McQueen accepts Bernoulli’s challenge to race against him in the coming World Grand Prix.
This is going to be a hang on to the edge of your seat type of race. McQueen needs to be quick if he’s going to win. Cindy is going to show you how to make Lightning McQueen cupcakes. They’re perfect for an after the movie treat or extra treats for a birthday party. You’ll have to be quick to get your own cupcake before the kids race through them.
How To Make Lightning McQueen Cupcakes By Cindy Littlefield
* Batch of frosted cupcakes
* White chocolate candy bar or bar of white baking chocolate
* Red cupcake icing
* Mini chocolate chips
* Chocolate candies with brown shells (such as M&Ms)
* Small chocolate candies with yellow shells (such as M&M Minis)
1. For the windshields, cut small rectangles, about 1″ by 1.75″, from the white chocolate. Pipe a line of red icing trim along the side and top edges of each rectangle. Then use the tip of a toothpick to “drill” shallow holes where the eyes will go, and gently press mini chocolate chips (tips down) in place. Set the windshields aside until the icing hardens.
2. Working with one cupcake at a time, frost the top with red icing. Gently press a windshield partway down into the center of the cupcake.
3. Press two sets of brown-shelled candies into the frosting on the sides of the cupcake for tires.
4. Add headlights by turning yellow-shelled candies on edge and pressing them into the frosting (a toothpick comes in handy for this). For a mouth, press a small curve of white chocolate into the frosting at the front of the cupcake.
Now that you know how to make Lightning McQueen cupcakes, you are ready to make those extra special treats for your party.
Go here for your plates, napkins, stickers or any other item you need to complete your Lightning McQueen party. They’re all on this page, Disney Cars 2 Party Supplies so, take a look.